Farewell from the Bookshelf!



Please note that GLBT Bookshelf -- the community wiki which was the parent to this fiction blog -- went offline on May 31, 2016, after seven years' service to members.

All Gay Romance will remain online till the end of 2016 in order to give contributors every opportunity to recover materials uploaded here.

Many thanks to all who contributed over the years, and good luck to everyone in your future works!

31.5.11

Who's Watching Whom? by J.M. Snyder (writing as J. Tomas)

Now Available from JMS Books LLC!

Who's Watching Whom?
by J.M. Snyder (writing as J. Tomas)

Buy your copy today!

BLURB:
It's the first Saturday of summer vacation. But upcoming high school senior Logan Bradley can't celebrate -- he has to watch his younger brother Dylan while their mother attends her monthly book club meeting. She even forbids him from inviting his boyfriend Chad Adams over when she isn't home!

Logan's only consolation is his cell phone, which connects him to Chad. Now, if Dylan will just leave him alone long enough to chat up his boy, the evening might be salvaged ...

EXCERPT:
“Logan, are you listening to me?” His mother jingled her keys as she shouldered her purse. “Dylan has to be in bed by nine.”

Logan sighed. “Mom, it’s summer --"

“And we’re not arguing about this. Your brother already tried. Nine.” She tried to kiss his forehead but Logan stepped out of reach. “Spend some time with him before he goes down, will you? Don’t hole up in your room all night.”

Logan followed her to the door. “Can Chad come over?”

She shook her head. “You know my rule on that. No one in the house if I’m not here.”

“Mom,” Logan moaned. “It’s not like we’re going to have sex.”

Over her shoulder, she threw him a stern look. “Not in my house you’re not.”

Only half-joking, Logan said, “See, that’s why we need to go out riding tonight.”

His mother didn’t laugh. “No one in the house, you hear me?”

Logan sighed. “Yes, ma’am.”

“Dylan in bed by nine. You can stay up until I get home --"

“Mom!’ Logan cried. “I’m seventeen.”

“Which is why you can stay up.” She smirked, pleased she had won this round. “I should be in before midnight. I have my cell with me if you need to call.”

“If I’m calling anyone, it’ll be Chad,” Logan groused.

“Do not spend all night on the phone,” his mother warned. “When I call later, you better answer, mister. Now give me a kiss.”

Grudgingly Logan leaned forward, but he kissed the air in front of her face instead of landing a peck on her cheek. “Have fun. I sure won’t.”

His mother sighed. “Not with that attitude.”

Buy your copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Gay Boys - Abstract by Jade