Farewell from the Bookshelf!



Please note that GLBT Bookshelf -- the community wiki which was the parent to this fiction blog -- went offline on May 31, 2016, after seven years' service to members.

All Gay Romance will remain online till the end of 2016 in order to give contributors every opportunity to recover materials uploaded here.

Many thanks to all who contributed over the years, and good luck to everyone in your future works!

1.5.13

If Dante Had a Beta Reader

I have a quarter million words' worth of free reads scattered around my website. (That's just the fiction. Heaven knows how much online nonfiction I have at my site.) Here's the latest free story.

Who needs the Muses for inspiration when you have a beta reader to tell you what to do?

Excerpt

Dear Dante (do you mind if I call you Dan?),

First of all, I don't want you to be crushed by what I write below. I think you have a really good fic here, with lots of interesting characters and fantastic action. With a little work, I think you can make it good enough to post at historic_slash.

(By the way, I don't want to receive any more "I am a published author" letters from you. Stuff you can get away with in pro fic, you'll get slaughtered for in fandom. I'm trying to save you from flames – remember that.)

Let me start by giving you the bad news: Your story has some major problems.
 

Available as online fiction: If Dante Had a Beta Reader.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Gay Boys - Abstract by Jade